Your Dollars at Work Across Canada
Money raised by Cystic Fibrosis Canada benefits all Canadians with cystic fibrosis. Funding has led to:
Longer, Healthier Lives for People with CF
- When Cystic Fibrosis Canada(formerly known as the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation) was established in the 1960s, cystic fibrosis was known as a child’s disease. At that time, most children with cystic fibrosis did not live to attend kindergarten.
- Today, 50% of Canadians with CF are expected to live into their late 40s and beyond.
- In 2007, the number of Canadian adults with cystic fibrosis (aged 18+) surpassed the number of children with CF.
Development of New Therapies
- Canadian scientists, funded by Cystic Fibrosis Canada, are providing world leadership in the development and testing of new therapies for cystic fibrosis.
Access to High Quality Care
- Care for people with cystic fibrosis is enhanced with supplementary funding to 42 Canadian CF clinics and five lung transplant centres.
- CF outreach clinics in remote/rural areas of Canada are funded by Cystic Fibrosis Canada to ensure specialized care is provided to people who do not live near a CF clinic
- We build awareness and advocate for change with, and for, Canadians with cystic fibrosis.
Accurate, Relevant and Up-to-Date Information about CF
We create materials for people with cystic fibrosis, their families, caregivers, medical professionals, government organizations and members of the general public.
Looking for more information?
2012 Annual Report
Clinical & Scientific Programs